[Wallet Woes]

Let me preface this by stating, emphatically, that I do not like waking up before noon. That said, I found myself answering my beeping alarm clock at 3:40 a.m. with a heartfelt groan. I would have gone back to bed, except for the teeny-tiny fact I was expected at the airport by 4:30 for my 6 a.m. flight.

I will note I was the first person through security. Maybe I won’t be so prompt next time, since I spent the next two hours sipping tea and scrolling through the newest updates on my phone. The majority of my fellow passengers didn’t begin to arrive until 5.

At least I got a close seat, and the tea was hot, if a tad overpriced.

Oh, and my credit card survived a trip through the wash cycle. My poor wallet, on the other hand, only made it as far as Boston before it gave up the ghost. Or, as my mother put it, “It died because you drowned it.” I’m a little sad — that wallet was my mother’s during her college years and had traveled to both Ireland and Iceland with me — but things simply wear out over time. And putting it through a washing machine certainly doesn’t help that part.

I touched down in Dallas in a spray of rain and fog, amidst 75 degree heat. Not exactly what I was expecting from Dallas weather, to be honest. But I wasn’t there long. Thanks to my original flight being delayed 35 minutes, I had 20 minutes to switch terminals and find my gate in time for my connection to Boston.

I made it with a minute to spare.

Navigating Logan wasn’t difficult. Nor was figuring out how to get from the airport to my sister’s apartment via public transportation. It’s simply a matter of reading the “T” map and making sure I got off/on at the right stop. (I’m happy to report my lessons from my NYC trip held over in this regard.)

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

My sister was working a shift from seven until midnight, so I got to chit-chat for a few hours (and she made dinner) before she had to leave me on my own. I took that time to figure out where we’re going tomorrow and call a few places (since it’s Memorial Day and not everywhere is open), and also to walk around the area.

I bought a new wallet, too, among … other things.

After she got off her shift, we stayed up late chatting and catching up on family news. She’s lived in Boston for a few years, now, and this is the first time I’ve made it out to visit. To be fair, she also comes home for the winter holiday season, so it’s not like we never see each other.

I also hooked her up with Netflix and my favorite show to watch after a long day. The Great British Baking Show (GBBO) is fantastic. Just make sure you’re either not hungry or you have something to munch while watching, because it will make you hungry.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s